Any person has the right to file a claim against a city for damages to persons or personal property allegedly sustained. However, Government Code Section 945.4 states that no suit for money or damages may be brought against a public entity on a cause of action for which a claim is required to be presented in accordance with Government Code Sections 900, et seq., until a written claim has been presented to and acted upon by the governing body, or has been deemed to have been rejected.

Contact the Office of the City Clerk at 559-992-2151 extension 235, or in person at 832 Whitley Avenue to request a Claim Form. The original, together with one copy of all attachments, are to be filed with the Office of the City Clerk. Retain one copy for your records. Please mail or hand-deliver to this address:

Office of the City Clerk
City of Corcoran
832 Whitley Avenue
Corcoran, CA 93212

Notice: The City Clerk’s Office is the ONLY office to which claims may be submitted. Please Do Not submit claims to the City Attorney, or any other City Department.

You will need to fill out the claim form as completely as possible (please print). Missing information may delay the processing of your claim.